Our Cat-HTR™ technology is patented worldwide, proven at large scale & commercial ready for global roll-out in huge potential markets.
Cat-HTR™ Technical Advantages vs competitors
A truly versatile platform proven to process a wide variety of feedstocks
- A highly controllable process that delivers a consistent and high quality oil
- No need to dry biomass feedstock prior to processing
- No need to add external hydrogen (significantly reduces cost of capital and production)
- Inexpensive catalysts used
- The Cat-HTR™ process is a net producer of water – it utilises the water within the feedstock
The Cat-HTR’s modular design integrates into existing production facilities – reducing cost and our carbon footprint, making it arguably one of the easiest platforms to scale-up commercially.
Cat-HTR™ less energy intensive than competitor technologies
Licella’s Cat-HTR™ process is significantly less energy intensive relative to other technologies, including gasification to Fisher Tropsch synthesis, which need to add external hydrogen. Cat-HTR™ utilisies the hydrogen in the water of the feedstock.